Ground Control Point Archive
Access the World’s Largest Commercially Available Archive!
Over 65,000+ Ground Control Points Are Currently Available Off The Shelf
Contact us for sample data!
Whether you are working with satellite, aerial or LiDAR imagery, GCPs ensure that your project contains “Ground Truth” – the data is tied to a specific, human-verified location on earth. For example, using Quality-1 GCPs in the orthorectification process results in increased accuracy (sub-meter) and the quality of our orthoimagery. Each of our GCPs is provided to the customer with all supporting metadata, context photos, accuracy reports and station diagrams. Increase accuracy and save time.
The global distribution of our GCPs is displayed on the interactive map Zoom in and click on individual points to view associated photos, stations diagrams and accuracy reports. To download the entire GCP archive (truncated) as a kml or shapefile, click above.
The GCPs in the CompassData archive have all passed rigorous quality-control procedures. The accuracy of the GCPs are defined as follows.
- Quality-1: 1cm – 10cm horizontal accuracy, 3cm – 10cm vertical accuracy
- Quality-2: 10cm – 20cm horizontal accuracy, 10cm – 20cm vertical accuracy
- Quality-3: 20cm – 50cm horizontal accuracy, 20cm – 75cm vertical accuracy
- Quality-4: 50cm – 70cm horizontal accuracy, 75cm – 1.25m vertical accuracy
- Quality-5: 70cm – 2.5m horizontal accuracy, 1.25m – 5m vertical accuracy
Deliverables with each Ground Control Points from the CompassData archive includes a coordinate file containing Lat/Long/Elevation, projected Easting, Northing and Metadata, in either text or spreadsheet format. Support for common standard coordinate systems and geodetic datum conversions are available. Delivery includes:
- Project report containing information
- Equipment used in data collection
- Accuracy Report
- Image chip showing GCP collection location
- Sketch diagram, hand-drawn by field data collector
- Digital site photos survey setup, showing each cardinal direction
Archive ground control available off-the-shelf to support production and QA/QC of imagery and LiDAR products.
Lidar NVA Control
CompassData Archive GCPs can be used for NVA LiDAR control for LiDAR data production and QA/QC activities without going to the field with off-the-shelf data.
Airport Photo-ID GCPS
CompassData GCP archive includes clusters of GCPs that are strategically located near over 1,100 airports across the globe. These GCPs are processed via FAA-DO 200A process to support authoritative and commercial image production for aerodromes around the world.
Remotely Sensed Ground Control Points®
Remotely Sensed GCPs (RSGCP®) are derived from Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) sensor technology or imagery products to enable photo-ID control with RS-1 Precision ≤ 1m or RS-2 Precision ≤ 3m. RSGCPs are an option for photo control without sending a surveyor to the field in areas that are politically or logistically challenging.