Geomatics Survey Technician
We are a growing geospatial company with 28 years of experience, based in the Denver Tech Center, Colorado. We are looking for a Geomatics Survey Technician to join our team. We offer a fun and family first oriented environment where you can develop new skill sets related to the geospatial field.
The Company: CompassData Inc. is a dedicated group of professionals who have been in the forefront of the geospatial industry since 1994. We have long been recognized in the geospatial community as a leading provider of global ground control data. We collaborate with many other geospatial companies together, we fly drones, drive sensors, coordinate with aerial and satellite companies.
Find out more about CompassData on social media:
If you have experience performing differential corrections, network adjustments, and final coordinate transformations using Trimble Business Center…THIS JOB IS FOR YOU!
We are looking for a Survey Technician to post process survey data collected from GNSS, networks, Total Station, and other survey equipment. Also responsible for Quality Assurance of survey data, GPS data, Total Station data, and to provide visual interpretation of field data, satellite, and aerial imagery.
This is a full-time position with a complete benefit package.
• Perform differential corrections, network adjustments, and final coordinate transformations
• Process control and combine data sources including GNSS and total station measurements
• Produce deliverables that meet the requirements of the customer and meet the quality standards and requirements of CompassData, Inc.
• Communication and coordination with the Field Crew Manager, Field Crews, Project Controls and Operations Manager to complete deliverables
• Download, QC, and process survey data as it is collected by our field crews
• Utilize Google Earth, ArcMap, Global Mapper, and other GIS software
• QA/QC existing data and modify to meet the requirements of the customer and meet the quality standards and requirements of CompassData, Inc.
• Opportunities for field work with survey quality GPS receivers and other mapping equipment including drones and mobile mapping.
• Prepare daily time sheets and data logs.
Desired Experience and Skills:
• Recommended 4-year degree in Survey, Geomatics, or a related field
• Desired but not required LSIT or PLS
• Field Survey experience using Trimble and/or Leica Geosystems systems
• Strong problem-solving skills working in a team environment or independently
• Detailed and methodical
• Initiative-taker with a positive attitude
• Team Player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Strong mathematical skills
• Strong work ethic with open and honest communication
Recommended Tools and Software Experience:
• Trimble Business Center (highest priority)
• Autodesk Civil 3D and/or MicroStation
• NGS Toolkit
• ESRI ArcGIS /GlobalMapper
• Google Earth /Streetview
• Microsoft Office products
• Any GNSS differential correction software suites
The Location: CompassData Inc. is based in Denver Tech Center, CO. off Belleview, and I-25. Most of this work is office based.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $75,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant)
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
• 401 (k)
• Profit Sharing Plan
• Supplemental Benefits; Life Insurance, disability, GAP insurance
• Paid time off including a Generous Holiday PTO
• Employee Birthday PTO
• Flexible Spending and Health Spending Accounts
• Maternity and Paternity Leave
• Onsite Fitness Facility, Café, and Game Room
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.