CompassData can evaluate the precision and accuracy of an existing GIS data set by taking measurements in the field and recording attribute data. Data Verification, also known as “ground truth,” is the best way to certify that your existing data set is complete and accurate. We can take your existing GIS data and design a test to provide Independent V&V, verification and validation of the quality including:
- Spatial accuracy
- Feature/attribute accuracy
- Photogrammetric accuracy
- Route accuracy for GNSS navigation applications
- Organizational accuracy (i.e. naming conventions, domains, duplicate values, topologies and networks)
- Geometric accuracy (i.e.tiny polygons and sliver polygons)
For over 20 years, CompassData has performed custom GCP collection for clients in the geospatial profession and archived those points in a database for commercial sale to other end users. Among their many applications, the GCPs are used extensively to verify the accuracy of geospatial data. CompassData also utilizes our CompassAA and CompassTA map accuracy software to verify and validate the spatial accuracy of aerial and satellite data.
“True cell tower location is 1.36 meters off.”
Because CompassData owns more Ground Control Points (GCPs) than any other commercial outlet in the world, we have a unique master database to help facilitate our independent QA/QC.
These sensors/data sources use CompassData Control for their QA/QC:
- Satellite: GeoEye-1, WorldView-1, WorldView-2, IKONOS, QuickBird , SPOT
- Aerial: Z/I DMC, ADS – 40 series, Applanix , Vexcel UltraCam , DigiCam
- LiDAR: Airborne Hydrography, AB, Leica Geosystems, Optech, RIEGL, TopoSystems GmbH