CompassData provides the largest commercially-available photo identifiable Ground Control Point (GCPs) archives in the world.
These readily available, archive GCPs allow you to accurately correct or enhance aerial or satellite imagery and LiDAR data for any mapping project.
Deliverables with each downloaded GCP from the CompassData archive include:
- Coordinate File containing Lat/Long/Elevation and Metadata, in either text or spreadsheet format
- Project Report containing information on:
- Equipment used in data collection
- Accuracy Report
- Image Chip showing GCP collection location
- Sketch diagram, hand-drawn by field data collector
- Digital pictures of the GCP location, showing each cardinal direction
The more than 36,000 GCPs in the CompassData archive have all passed rigorous quality-control procedures and the majority of points have been collected for customers who have used them in the orthorectification process.
The Ground Control Point Archives includes points in the North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa, Australia, and the Middle East.
CompassData maintains its own GPS survey crews as well as 30 international partners capable of acquiring high-accuracy points anywhere in the world in a matter of weeks.